Looks Branch biochemistry Clinical Faculty of Medicine to prepare a doctor as much as distinct from scientific competence and experience laboratory can whereby understand the basis for biochemical life processes that occur inside the human body in health and disease and to keep pace with the continued progress in medical science and scientific research in all fields of medicine .
1.To provide a high of medical education in the field of biochemistry and molecular biology .
2. Improve medical service for patients through the introduction of modern laboratory tests that help in the diagnosis and early detection of disease .
3. Directing scientific research to serve the medical community .
The department aims through possession of human expertise and academic to carry out the tasks assigned to it , including .
1. Providing students with academic and practical experience in the field of clinical techniques for Biochemistry and means of diagnostic to be able to interpret the results of tests to reach an accurate diagnosis and follow –up patients .
2. The development of for students in line with those of the world .
3. Awareness of the importance of clinical biochemistry in the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases .
4. To provide diagnostic in the area of clinical biochemistry and endocrine functions and tumor markers .
5. Contribute to the integration of scientific research in the field of genetic diseases ,chronic and cancer .
6. Contribute to the training of national cadres of graduate and prepare them so as to contribute in advancing the educational process and research faculty and the university .