The Department of Geography was established since the establishment of the College of Education in 1999 within the four departments (Arabic Dept. , History Dept., Geography Dept., and Biology Dept.). It includes staff from different academic titles ( professor, assistant professor, Instructor, and assistant Instructor).
The Aims of the Department
- To prepare specialized geographic staff capable of understanding environmental problems.
- To enable the students of the department to distinguish and vary the geographical phenomena based on the spatial relationship.
- To get the optimal investment and understanding the natural resources.
- To teach the students the kill of drawing, reading maps, and reading geographical distributions of geographical phenomena by using advanced scientific foundations such as GIS and remote sensing.
- To qualify and prepare the students as scientific staff in secondary schools.
- To prepare the students for scientific and geographic research methods in research and advanced studies.